As a doctor myself, I find value in giving back to the community, especially in the medical field. I decided that I was going to donate my bone marrow to a little girl. Nothing feels better than to give back, and here is my journey of donating my bone marrow:
Everything was done very professionally and perfect. I made sure to write a note to the girl telling her how happy I was for her. They put me under with anesthesia and I did not feel a thing.
After the surgery, I did not feel any pain whatsoever, it was a very easy process. I was so happy to hear that the girl would be getting the transplant on the same day! My heart was so full knowing that I was helping someone else in need. I wrote in my note to the girl that I wanted her to enjoy her new life.
Why You Should Consider Donating
- You could help save someone’s life.
- Most of the time, it is a complete stranger who saves a person’s life
- It is important to do things that you can to help others in need
- It simply just feels good to do things to help others
- You are able to help people fighting leukemia, lymphoma, and other types of blood diseases.
- 70% of patients have a complete stranger donate, while only 30% get it from their family
- An average of at least 3,000 people die each year from not finding a matching donor
- At any time, nearly 7,500 Americans are searching for a donor.
- Only 2% of America’s population is in the national registry
About Dr. Lemus-Rangel
Doctor Rafael Lemus-Rangel is a specialized doctor in robotic bilateral inguinal repair in the greater Los Angeles area. The best way to contact Dr. Lemus-Rangel is by his website at https://www.drlemusrangel.com/ or by phone at (661) 481 1793.